Summer is here! The weather is warming up, and our small town is getting busy with tourists who are out of school and ready to see the sun! Here is an update on the G42 ministries, as well as our personal update and plans for the summer.
G42U – We are so excited to be launching G42U this August in Fredericksburg, TX. We have a team partnered with Journey Church to start a 9-month course for seniors graduating high school. This program is designed as a ‘Gap Year’ to help students ‘discover what they are passionate about, while surrounded by a vibrant community.’ If you or anyone you know might be interested, here is the website for more information: http://www.g42u.com/
Photo Credit: www.G42u.com
G42 Africa – G42 Africa is starting it’s second year of ministry, and they are continuing to pioneer their way through Uganda. A graduated couple from G42, Armand and Rebeca VanDijk-Suter, have been doing an amazing job of teaching, discipleship, and raising up African leaders to build God’s Kindgom in Africa.
Photo Credit: www.g42africa.org
G42 Leadership Academy – Here at the G42 Leadership Academy, we continue to pour our resources, time, and energy into making God’s calling for the interns into a reality. We will graduate 18 interns at the end of June, and the majority are leaving with a solid plan for the next season of their lives.
Photo Credit: www.G42leadershipacademy.com
On a more personal note:
-I (Traci) have finished English classes for the summer. Yay! We ended last week with a well-earned popcorn party for each of the classes. Space is filling up for next year, so we look forward to teaching again in the fall.
– This past Friday, we had a ‘Movie Night’ for our English class students to celebrate the beginning of summer. We played a Spanish movie with English subtitles, then played games and had refreshments. It was a great night to get to know our students outside of the classroom.
Photo Credit: www.rottentomatoes.com
– On his time away from the office, Dustin has been training hard this past month for the Tough Mudder, ‘an endurance event where participants attempt 10–12 mile long military-style obstacle courses.’ The event is next Saturday, June 8th, in Hampshire, England. Luckily, I get to tag along and take pictures:) We are going with a team as a marketing platform for Global Adventure, a non-profit organization focused on adventure and discipleship for British men. Global Adventure will launch in mid-August with a father/son weekend trip in Southwest England.
Photo Credit: www.global-adventure.org
– Dustin will be busy this month getting ready for another G42 graduation on June 21st. He will begin selecting qualified interns to receive an Alumni grant that will help one or two interns that are ready to begin their non-profit, church plant, or business when they leave G42. Both of us will be doing a lot of discipleship/mentoring before the current interns leave in a few weeks.
– For the summer months, I will continue teaching conversational English to adults, as well as having Friday summer classes in July and August for children.
– Dustin’s parents will be visiting us in July, and we could not be more excited! It will be great to have family around, and we can show them why we love Spain so much!
So that’s about it! If you read through the whole update, thanks for loving us:) We hope you all enjoy the summer months and have time to relax, spend time with family, and thank God for the many blessings in life. We love you all!